It’s the end of the year, and you know what that means: time to create your family’s holiday card! As we all know, the most important part of any holiday card is the photo. Some families choose to take their photos at home, while others go to a professional photographer’s office or hire a photographer to come to their home. We’ll leave the studios to the professionals, but if you’re taking your family photo yourself, here are a few easy things you can do to get the perfect picture:
- To get the best effect, take your photo outside in good natural light right before dusk.
- Use a tripod to make sure your photo will be steady and clear.
- Let kids be kids: the happier your children are while taking the photo, the better and more natural the photo will look. Let them joke around and laugh if that’s what they want to do.
- Stagger people’s heads so your photo doesn’t look like a police lineup.
- Have fun with it! The more natural your family looks, the better the photo will turn out.
But there’s one thing that above all else can make or break a photo—your teeth! While people generally won’t be surprised to see young kids with adorably goofy-looking teeth, the adults in your photo should set a good example. Don’t be afraid to show your pearly whites!
Here are a few tips for making sure your teeth look their best in a family photo:
- Try to look natural by smiling normally with an open mouth, instead of giving the camera some forced clown grin.
- Turn your head slightly while smiling, as if you’re in the middle of a conversation.
- Consider whitening your teeth before taking the photo.
- Watch out for food that could get stuck in your teeth and gums. Brush and floss your teeth right before taking the photo, just to be safe.
If you have questions about getting those picture-perfect smiles or taking care of your your family’s dental health, contact our office to speak to our friendly team.CONTACT US TODAY